Theory of space and time

theENIGMATRON
Server Master
Xbox Username:

Unread post Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:11 pm

We have all heard of many theory's about space and time.
How the black hole can deaccelerate time.
But what is time?

To the understanding of time and space, theory's such as Einstein explain space or time as two sheets of fabric.

I'll go into more detail if you don't understand on a pc where I can elaborate abit more?

I question, if space / time itself is like a sheet, a flat piece of paper. Meaning time itself is different here on earth due to the gravitational effect because of the size of earth.

So you leave earth, travel to Mars where a point between earth and Mars have a flat level of time, meaning if you went to Mars and back to earth, the time difference would be very noticeable.
Not on the prinicable of millerseconds and theory's provs, I belive on a theory, there would be a difference of hours involved.
Dazbobaby
PSN Username: dazbobaby
Xbox Username: Don Mulleano
Loading…

Unread post Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:38 pm

To quote Bill Bryson, space is not queerer than we suppose, space it queerer than we can suppose.

We are the center of our visible universe, 13-14 billion light years.

If we traveled to another planet in another galaxy, then that planet would be the center of the visible universe. It makes sense, but it makes you wonder about the sheer size of the universe.

It's a truly fascinating topic, and one that can encompass entire careers just figuring out one little aspect, like black holes, pulsars, quasars, super novae and dark matter to name but a few.

Our solar system is infinitely tiny in the grand scheme of things, but at the fastest speed ever attained by man, it would still take 250,000 years or more just to get to the kuiper belt.

But you're on about the very fabric of space and time... NOW THAT IS FASCINATING STUFF.

EBike blog - https://the-bionic-cyclist.co.uk
When anime characters watch anime, are they actually watching anime or is it live action?
Dazbobaby
PSN Username: dazbobaby
Xbox Username: Don Mulleano
Loading…

Unread post Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:39 pm

Time is relative to the viewer and the viewed.

I have to ask though, do you believe in tachyons and gravitons? I think they've been ruled out for the most part... but not entirely.
EBike blog - https://the-bionic-cyclist.co.uk
When anime characters watch anime, are they actually watching anime or is it live action?
SyM
PSN Username: Symonator
Xbox Username: SymonatorUK

Unread post Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:47 am

time? only on a clock.