Setup Wars

ImageImageImage
Dazbobaby
PSN Username: dazbobaby
Xbox Username: Don Mulleano

Unread post Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:34 pm

I just thought it'd be an idea to discuss and hopefully motivate one another to build clean and better Gaming setups.

It doesn't have to be PC, it can be any hardware setup up you may have, PC, PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, or all of them.

Post a picture or two, compare and exchanges idea on how to achieve a cleaner and better setup. You know, don't just say clean up the cables, make suggestions on how to do it properly.

My Setup, the part I see, not too bad.
IMG_1773.JPG
Underneath though...
IMG_1774.JPG
IMG_1775.JPG
The PC is a bit of a cannibal. The top shroud was removed almost immediately after buying it (nearly 4 years ago, I think). The shroud made it look nice and tidy, but it also helped heat build up inside. Originally it was a water cooled 6600K with a corsair H100i (240mm radiator), the radiator was underneath that noctua 200mm fan, on the inside of the case.

More recently the front door was removed, this time for easy access to the bluray (4K) reader/writer and to help ventilate the CPU, the CPU was swapped just before Christmas to an AMD Ryzen 2700x and I still haven't got around to water cooling it yet. So more ventilation was required.

Then a few weeks ago I cut a hole in the window to add another fan, this time to cool the GPU and PSU, I found that the GPU heat was blowing down on the PSU and it just sat there... my bad, I had all the fans blowing air into the case and not one was sucking it out. Read more about that here: viewtopic.php?p=1180#p1180

I'm also considering
https://www.cclonline.com/product/26089 ... jmwXXo012A

So if/when I do replace the case I'll also deep dive and do the fans and cable manage the whole thing professionally. But it's the cables behind the PC and desk that really need working on... again in time I'll do that too.
You exchange your time for money when you work. You can always make more money. You cannot make more time.
From Hull, from Halifax, from Hell, ‘tis thus, From all these three, Good Lord deliver us.
SyM
PSN Username: Symonator
Xbox Username: SymonatorUK

Unread post Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:08 am

view.jpg
Thats basically the view i see most of the time, to the left of that is my 2nd monitor.
side.jpg
This is my laptop side desk, with my soon to be added headset :P
case.jpg
My Case - Which is the corsair 460x tempered glass - its a great case as well and cost about £120 - which is a reasonable price.
inside 1.jpg
Inside the computer consists of very good cable management - i've hidden it all inside.
I built it around a cool vibe to keep things chilly.... i added [ur=l]http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu ... iquid-240/]Cpu liquid cooler[/url]
As well as a few extra fans (RGB) so i can get some pretty colors :P

I mean this pc can run anything right now - it's the best one i ever made.

I think i'd like to add some cable management for feet area but the decent ones are always DIY with some kind of woodwork and im shit at it.
lol.
overall.jpg
side.jpg
view.jpg
Attachments
monitor.jpg
cables.jpg
SyM
PSN Username: Symonator
Xbox Username: SymonatorUK

Unread post Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:09 am

pics are upside down but obviously not taken that way hahahahah
Dazbobaby
PSN Username: dazbobaby
Xbox Username: Don Mulleano

Unread post Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:26 am

SyM wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:09 am
pics are upside down but obviously not taken that way hahahahah
I had the same problem, I had to run them in Paint shop pro and save them... upside down as an attachment, but full screen is fine... what gives?
You exchange your time for money when you work. You can always make more money. You cannot make more time.
From Hull, from Halifax, from Hell, ‘tis thus, From all these three, Good Lord deliver us.