Monitor Question

ImageImageImage
Dazbobaby
PSN Username: dazbobaby
Xbox Username: Don Mulleano

Unread post Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:07 pm

I'm curious. If a monitor display runs at 60FPS (60hz) and you can game at 4K 60FPS, then cool right? Right.

But that means every frame is displayed for 16.7ms.
So do monitor need to get down as low a 2ms response times? Surely it's overkill?

You exchange your time for money when you work. You can always make more money. You cannot make more time.
From Hull, from Halifax, from Hell, ‘tis thus, From all these three, Good Lord deliver us.
SyM
PSN Username: Symonator
Xbox Username: SymonatorUK

Unread post Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:25 am

well you need a fast response so it can switch pixels/frames quicker.
You can see the difference in a tv and monitors.
I've always gone with anything below 4ms or lower is considered excellent.
My new monitors are 1ms on a 1440p ips monitor at sale, but reading various reviews and benchmarks etc it''s actually about 2ms.
60 Hz is good. If you arent playing any demanding games, but theres no point in having great gfx cards and top of the line hardware to skimp on a monitor.... it's all about gsync/freesync now lol.
Dazbobaby
PSN Username: dazbobaby
Xbox Username: Don Mulleano

Unread post Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:31 am

SyM wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:25 am
If you arent playing any demanding games, but theres no point in having great gfx cards and top of the line hardware to skimp on a monitor.... it's all about gsync/freesync now lol.
I've got to agree, though I've yet to own a fast monitor, I have played with them at CCL computers and games like battlefield/COD really benefit from the extra frames and speed.
Games like Subnautica, and astroneer, 4k 60 is fine.
You exchange your time for money when you work. You can always make more money. You cannot make more time.
From Hull, from Halifax, from Hell, ‘tis thus, From all these three, Good Lord deliver us.
SyM
PSN Username: Symonator
Xbox Username: SymonatorUK

Unread post Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:35 am

yeah fps prolly benefit the most from it.
Other games, meh