Router problems

Dazbobaby
PSN Username: dazbobaby
Xbox Username: Don Mulleano

Unread post Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:31 pm

I'm currently having more than a few problems with my router, and it's causing downtime internally and externally.
I'm looking at replacing the router (I'm on BT Infinity) and most VDSL routers are £100+ I don't mind the cost as long as it reduces the downtime. Daily reboots (sometimes 2-3 times a day) is a proper pain in the ass.

I'm also considering pfsense as an alternative router/firewall, so if anyone has any experience with BT infinity and psfense then any advice would be welcome.
You exchange your time for money when you work. You can always make more money. You cannot make more time.
From Hull, from Halifax, from Hell, ‘tis thus, From all these three, Good Lord deliver us.
theENIGMATRON
Server Master
Xbox Username:

Unread post Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:00 am

Never used the program, but be happy to lend a hand, am sure it cannot be out of this world.
What is it thats happening with the router? Just randsom reboots? locking up?
Dazbobaby

Unread post Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:08 am

Loss of connection to internal network, and random Internet disconnects. I'm due to renew my contract with BT so if I stay I get a new updated router. Plus security is a joke on this one. Little or no information on traffic, logs are pathetic. Just you usual home router supplied by your ISP.
It's the first time I've ever stuck with a standard ISP router, I usually end up getting a new one with better logs, firewall and a lot more customisable.
You exchange your time for money when you work. You can always make more money. You cannot make more time.
From Hull, from Halifax, from Hell, ‘tis thus, From all these three, Good Lord deliver us.
theENIGMATRON
Server Master
Xbox Username:

Unread post Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:18 am

Appears to still be working
Dazbobaby

Unread post Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:51 pm

back on the old router and the new one has been refunded.
theENIGMATRON
Server Master
Xbox Username:

Unread post Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm

Dazbobaby wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:51 pm
Any ideas or just givup?
Dazbobaby

Unread post Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:00 pm

theENIGMATRON wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:34 pm
Dazbobaby wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:51 pm
Any ideas or just givup?
I was told by someone at Netgear that it was a bad firmware. :(