Jailbreaking Apple TV 4 10.4

ImageImageImage
Dazbobaby
PSN Username: dazbobaby
Xbox Username: Don Mulleano

Unread post Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:20 pm

I love my apple TV, so did my mum, I have a huge collection of music, audiobooks, films and Tv, and while my film tastes swings mostly to horror, I do like indie and mainstream too, like everything in my collection, it's eclectic and mum enjoyed a lot of it too.

Shortly after she died I did some retail therapy and bought the Apple TV 4k, and it's amazing, but it did replace the older Apple TV 4, which has been sat in a drawer for months now doing nothing.

So I decided to jailbreak it today, but I didn't look up the version number of TVos. I just thought it's been a while, the jailbreak must still be working right...? WRONG.

Fixing one problem after another, reading incomplete tutorials that send you off on irrelevant tangents only to come back to square one. I obviously didn't get it to work, but it's always fun and challenging to fix problems as you go.

I did it to try and install some retro emulators (SNES being one) and hopefully play some old school games, and of course it's free because I don't have to scour ebay for old consoles and games.
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1069

The moral of the story... check the software version numbers before spending hours trying to install a jailbreak that won't work.
You exchange your time for money when you work. You can always make more money. You cannot make more time.
From Hull, from Halifax, from Hell, ‘tis thus, From all these three, Good Lord deliver us.