Eurogamer - Moments of 2018: Skeletons from the briny depths in Sea of Thieves

NewsBot
Xbox Username:

Unread post Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:00 am

ImagePicking Sea of Thieves feels like a bit of a cheat. After all, the ever churning innards of Rare's multiplayer pirate adventure are expressly designed to generate memorable adventures. But in a year packed with wow moments (that first glimpse of Subnautica's bountiful choral reef, for one) and full-on WTF moments (why hello there, Fortnite's inter-dimensional butterfly), no other game has, for me at least, managed to create so many wonderful, lasting memories as Sea of Thieves.So much so, in fact, that it's a bit of a struggle to narrow it down to one. If I had to choose though, it would probably be what started out as a relatively simple moment, a little bit of theatre in a game capable of far grander spectacle. It happened following Sea of Thieves' Skeleton Crews update, where, a few minutes after logging in, I found myself anchor down in the middle of nowhere, waves tossing my tiny sloop back and forth, with only the intermittent crash of water against wood to break the silence.Suddenly, a distant horn rings out across the waves and, after a few moments of strange, uncertain calm, a ragged galleon explodes upward from the murky depths, making its presence known in a roar of rushing water and sea spray.Read more…

Source: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... of-thieves