Astroneer

SyM
PSN Username: Symonator
Xbox Username: SymonatorUK

Unread post Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:29 am

Have to say daz the games we played was fun :P
I bought a astro a50 headset but it's all connected to ps4 at the moment, i'll get it hooked to pc at some point haha... Hence why no mic :)

But yeah lookin forward to some of the new stuff in full release tomorrow as well.
Dazbobaby
PSN Username: dazbobaby
Xbox Username: Don Mulleano

Unread post Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:38 am

Yeah I've played some 200+ hours all on my own and it's great. But with another person... damn is it faster and better. I'm not sure I helped you learn how to play though, the technology tree, the fastest upgrade path, vehicles etc... that's the sort of thing you can only learn by doing it yourself.
But damn it was good to have someone else to play with.

Loving the new avatar.
You exchange your time for money when you work. You can always make more money. You cannot make more time.
From Hull, from Halifax, from Hell, ‘tis thus, From all these three, Good Lord deliver us.
Dazbobaby

Unread post Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:03 pm

You exchange your time for money when you work. You can always make more money. You cannot make more time.
From Hull, from Halifax, from Hell, ‘tis thus, From all these three, Good Lord deliver us.
Dazbobaby

Unread post Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:07 pm

Pre version 1.0 tech tree, how you should start building and unlocking your base.

1. small and medium printer
2. research chamber
3. smelter
4. soil centrifuge
5. vehicle bay and buggy
6. small shuttle (barren - moon) and get zinc lithium and tungsten
7... everything else as you need it
8. Space... the final frontier, build a large shuttle, but you'll need the chemical lab and atmospheric condenser.

Don't build any platform other than platform B once you get past 4, all the others are too small for the larger objects you'll build. ➕ platform B let's you build the small foldable medium storage.
Dazbobaby

Unread post Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:08 pm

along the way you'll need oxygen tanks, lights, batteries... unlock and use them as you go, though oxygen you might need early on, it's entirely up to you.

Get familiar with the wiki
https://astroneer.gamepedia.com/Astroneer_Wiki
Dazbobaby

Unread post Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:31 pm

Moonbase Alpha :)
Moonbase Alpha.jpg
SyM

Unread post Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:00 pm

Lookin' good Daz!

I am having a few issues with the game, lots of shit falling through floors.
Being teleported out of caves...

Then i've got this issue:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/361420/d ... 116804425/

and the save game issue:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/361420/d ... 117829176/

Mine is crashing after playing some time.
I wonder why 1.0 is so shitty compared to the early access i was on just a week ago...

I'm starting a new game later to see if that helps.. but after setting up a good place on arid planet im annoyed :P
Dazbobaby

Unread post Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:07 pm

SyM wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:00 pm
Lookin' good Daz!

I am having a few issues with the game, lots of shit falling through floors.
Being teleported out of caves...

Then i've got this issue:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/361420/d ... 116804425/

and the save game issue:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/361420/d ... 117829176/

Mine is crashing after playing some time.
I wonder why 1.0 is so shitty compared to the early access i was on just a week ago...

I'm starting a new game later to see if that helps.. but after setting up a good place on arid planet im annoyed :P
Wow, so you either get a hard lock on start, or corrupted save. That Sucks.
I also have a bug, not as bad, and I think I've found a way past it... but I'm leaving the game alone for a few days, let the devs create delete some bugs.
https://forum.systemera.net/topic/50712 ... -loop-bug/
Dazbobaby

Unread post Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:11 pm

I played 212 hours before v1, and I can see a LOT of changes and additions. It was a good idea releasing early and giving the public a chance to play and test. But the number of changes are not minimal, and it should have been openly tested before v1 went live. I think they've introduced a multitude of bugs, none of which existed in the alpha or beta.
SyM

Unread post Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:15 pm

yeah i mean its like a new game in many ways even down to buttons/keys - it's a massive change.
I dunno it's for the better but there are tonnes of bugs i hadnt seen before so yeah i'll perhaps grab subnautica again or play something totally different. Any suggestions?
Dazbobaby

Unread post Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:17 pm

For the savegame bug, try loading up and playing for a minute or two, alt-tab out, find and delete the savegame, alt-tab back in and save again.
C:\Users\"Symon"\AppData\Local\Astro\Saved
Dazbobaby

Unread post Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:34 pm

SyM wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:15 pm
yeah i mean its like a new game in many ways even down to buttons/keys - it's a massive change.
I dunno it's for the better but there are tonnes of bugs i hadnt seen before so yeah i'll perhaps grab subnautica again or play something totally different. Any suggestions?
I've no idea what to play, I'm all played out right now, and I'm waiting on several PS4 releases. TLOU 2, Days gone, death stranding and a few more I can't quite remember the names of.
Dazbobaby

Unread post Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:35 pm

There's and RTX patch in the works too :)
https://steamdb.info/app/361420/depots/
SyM

Unread post Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:14 am

:geek:
SyM

Unread post Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:17 am

:D :D :D